Flame Safeguard/Combustion Theory
This class consists of two evening sessions covering applications and troubleshooting. Topics covered include: Flame Sensors, Primary Controls and Programming Controls.
- Flame sensing flame rod, thermocouple, thermopile, UV and IR scanners, self check and intelligent scanners from Fireye and Honeywell
- Primary no purge and purge flame safeguard controls Honeywell and Fireye (Models Fireye M series, Micro M, Honeywell RM7890 and RM7895 controls)
- Programming flame safeguard controls including: valve closure, low and high fire proving (Models Fireye E110 Series, Honeywell RM7840 series)
- New Honeywell valve proving systems (VPS)
- New Fireye Burner Logix flame safeguard control
This class is geared towards service technicians who test and tune burners for combustion efficiency. Topics covered include: Theory of Combustion, Tuning Fuel Air Ratio, Testing and Design.
General Combustion theory including chemical composition
CO2 and carbon monoxide (CO) creation and levels
Nitrogen Oxides ( NOX) and Sulfur Dioxide ( SO2 ) formation
Draft and burner design
Combustion analyzer operation and principles