This class is designed to explain all components of heating and air conditioning systems, and explain how they are incorporated into the system. This class will help you be better prepared for the NiagaraAX and Niagara 4 classes.
- We will cover different types of heat and the different ways that heat is transferred
- ASHRAE standards and units will be explained
- Boilers, chillers, cooling towers, and air handling units how they work and their applications will be discussed
- Dampers - different types and their applications explained
- All basic points of electricity, testing different components, taking voltage readings, going over laws and formulas, and practice labs
- Motors, motor controls, and troubleshooting will be discussed
- We will touch on Building Automation System
Target Audience: Students looking for an introductory level course to HVAC concepts and equipment should start with this course. Basic HVAC knowledge will prepare students for additional courses.