Cochrane Tech Services is pleased to offer special discounted pricing during the COVID-19 pandemic for all instructor-led virtual training classes. It is our goal to give BAS industry professionals enhanced opportunities to learn new skills and further their education during this time.
The goal of the 5-day, Niagara 4 Technical Certification Training is to educate students to a basic level of technical expertise to effectively and efficiently design, engineer, and program projects using the Niagara 4 Framework. Live demonstrations and remote access to lab panels will allow the instructor-led virtual learning experience to be as close to the in-person experience as possible. Students who pass the testing at the end of the class will be Niagara 4 certified and will receive an official Tridium Niagara 4 certificate and 4 CEUs.
- Niagara 4 Fundamentals
- Simple Programming Logic
- Tagging & Searching for Components
- Custom Tag Dictionaries
- Alarm Notifications
- History / Trend Data Collection
- Building a Simple PX View
- Network Architecture
- Field Bus Integration
- BACnet Integration
- Tagging with Batch Editor
- Commissioning a JACE
- AX to N4 Migration
- Customizing the Workbench
- Lon Integration
- Security & User Administration
- Security Categories
- User Roles
- User Accounts
- Niagara Network Integration
- Master Schedules
- Alarm Routing & Portal
- Copying Stations
Class Logistics Notes:
Please note that the training will still take place from 8:00-5:00 pm Monday through Friday (Friday students will be done when the test is completed). Students should be in a distraction free environment to make sure that they are able to focus during the session. We encourage the students to occasionally use their webcam if possible to allow for better interaction and communication in the virtual environment (though this is not a requirement!). Please do not hesitate to ask questions during the class! This can be done using the Chat or Q&A Panels in the training software or verbally.
This course is intended for Systems Integrators, OEMs, Business Partners and Distributors who have specifically contracted with Tridium to sell and service the Niagara 4 Framework.
Note: End-User customers are also welcome to attend this class in order to more fully understand the full potential of implementation of this product in their facility.
- Each student is required to have a Windows 7/8/10 based laptop running a licensed copy of the most current version of WorkPlace (4.8.x.x).
- Students will need to install Tosibox Softkey remote access software.
- Students will be required to have an internet connection in order to access the class.
- Students must have administrator privileges on your laptop, including the ability to turn off the Windows firewall and to download/install software. Students must also have an internet browser, a recent version of java, and be able to connect to the internet without restriction.
- Students are expected to have a functional working knowledge of Windows and computers, including: understanding navigation, locating files, folder structures, file paths, browser basics, cut/copy/paste, and using a mouse/keyboard (right/left click) in order to be successful in this class.
- Students should have a distraction free enviornment for the class. It is also recommended that the student have an additional monitor for use during the class.
A basic introduction to Niagara class (Niagara Operations) is offered as a pre-course to the Niagara 4 Certification. If you are unfamiliar with Niagara or do not have any controls/programming experience, we suggest you take this class prior to enrolling in the Niagara 4 Certification class.