Students will receive an overview of the FX MSTP field controller system, create programs from standard tree systems using the Programmable Controller and Commissioning Tool, then connect to the controllers through a Bluetooth connection and download their code into the controllers after setting up the hardware and software to communicate properly.
- FX-PC Controller Overview
- FX-PCT Programming & Commissioning Tool Overview
- Bluetooth Wireless Communication
- Downloading and Uploading FX-PC Controllers
- Modifying Points
- Control Strategies
- Introduction to Wireless Devices
- Creating a New Application Simulation Mode
- MS/TP Communications
- Each student is required to have a Windows 7/8/10 based laptop with administrator privileges.
- Students should come to class with PCT tools Version 10.3 installed.
- Students will use a communication interface to the MSTP controllers for set up and operating. A MAP 1810 coordinator is provided for classroom use. If you would like to program your own MAP 1810 to take with you, please bring one to the class. These can be purchased from any of the Cochrane Supply locations (Part Number TL-MAP1810-0P or the TL-MAP1810-0S).
- Students are expected to have a functional working knowledge of Windows and computers, including: understanding navigation, locating files, folder structures, file paths, browser basics, cut/copy/paste, and using a mouse/keyboard (right/left click) in order to be successful in this class.