*** CLASS IS NOW FULL ***
PLEASE NOTE THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL AND ANY NEW REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ADDED TO A WAIT LIST. THANK YOU!
***Please note this class will be held from 10am-7pm EST and 7am-4pm PST***
The 5-day Niagara 4 Technical Certification Training aims to educate students to a minimum level of technical expertise to effectively and efficiently design, engineer, and program projects using the Niagara 4 Framework. Live demonstrations and remote access to lab panels will allow the instructor-led virtual learning experience to be as close to the in-person experience as possible. Students who pass the testing at the end of the class will be Niagara 4 certified and receive an official Tridium Niagara 4 certificate.
- Niagara 4 Fundamentals
- Navigating the Niagara Framework
- Simple Programming Logic
- Tagging & Searching for Components (NEQL)
- Custom Tag Dictionaries
- Alarm Notifications
- History / Trend Data Collection
- Building a Simple PX View/Graphical User Interface
- Network Architecture
- NRIO Integration
- BACnet/IP Integration
- Batch Editor/Program Service (BQL)
- Commissioning a JACE
- Customizing the Workbench
- Lon Integration
- Security & User Administration
- User Roles
- User Accounts
- Niagara Network Integration
- Master Schedules
- Alarm Routing & Portal
- Station Copies, Backing-up Stations, and Restoring from a Backup.
Class Logistics Notes:
Please note that the training will still take place from 8:00-5:00 pm Monday through Friday (Friday, students will be done when the test is completed). We encourage the students to use their webcam to allow for better interaction and communication in the virtual environment (though this is not a requirement!). Please do not hesitate to ask questions during the class! This can be done using the Chat or Q&A Panels in the training software or verbally.
This course is intended for Systems Integrators, OEMs, Business Partners and Distributors who have contracted explicitly with Tridium to sell and service the Niagara 4 Framework.
Note: End-User customers are also welcome to attend this class to more fully understand the full potential of implementing this product in their facility.
Pre-Requisites (Virtual) :
- Each student must have a Windows 10 64-bit or Windows 11-based laptop running a licensed copy of the most current version of WorkPlace (4.12.x.x).
- Students should have have a functional working knowledge of Windows and computers, including understanding navigation, locating files, folder structures, file paths, browser basics, cut/copy/paste, and using a mouse/keyboard (right/left click) to be successful in this class.
- Students should have a distraction-free environment for the class.
- For the best experience possible, students should have a webcam and a second monitor to observe the instructor and work simultaneously.
- Students will need to install Tosibox Softkey remote access software.
- Students will be required to have an internet connection to access the class.
- Students must have administrator privileges on their laptop, including the ability to turn off the Windows firewall and to download/install software. Students must also have an internet browser, a recent version of Java, and be able to connect to the internet without restriction.
A basic introduction to Niagara (Niagara Operations) can prepare less experienced users and operators, which will better prepare these students for the Niagara 4 Technical Certification course. If you are unfamiliar with Niagara or need to gain controls/programming experience, we suggest you take this class before enrolling in the Niagara 4 Certification class.