The goal of the 5-day Niagara Operations class is to give students who have Niagara AX and Niagara 4 systems installed in their facilities a better understanding of how the system works, what a JACE is, how it communicates and what it communicates with. Also covers various HVAC systems in a typical facility management and DDC control system. We will cover what FMS can do (HVAC, Lighting, Fire, etc.) within a facility. Users will be shown to how access a Niagara AX and Niagara 4 system from a standard web browser and work with alarming, schedules and other functions.
- Introduction to Facility Management Systems (FMS)
- Introduction to Networking
- The Physics of the Operations
- Introduction to Controls
- Introduction to Primary Plant Equipment
- Control Loop Operations
- Jace Lab 1 - Control Loops
- ASHRAE Systems
- Jace Lab 2 - The Fan Coil
- AHU Operations
- Jace Lab 3 - The MASP AHU
- VAV Boxes
- Introduction to Graphics
- Troubleshooting FMS Systems
- Each student is required to have a Windows based laptop (with a minimum of Windows 7 installed) with Mozilla Firefox or Chrome downloaded.
- Student should have basic Windows knowledge.
- Cochrane Tech Center will provide laptops to all students. If student would prefer to bring their own laptop, please contact the Training Department for licensing.