Networking & Cyber Security for IoT
Understand different network topologies and industrial protocols; restate the differences between managed and unmanaged switches, demonstrate network redundancy; utilize various infrastructure and I/O devices, as well as software tools. Explain firewalls, routing and VPN; configure a stateful firewall at Layer 2 - 4 to protect a network; setup simple routing and NAT. Demonstrate remote connectivity capabilites with an IPSec VPN.
- Basic networking concepts
- Industrial protocols
- Managed vs unmanaged Ethernet switches
- High level network design
- Hands on experience on IP assignments, Web-based Management (WBM), diagnostics and troubleshooting, software tools, network redundancy, others
- Industrial network security
- Basic routing concepts, TCP vs UPD and others
- Firewalls and different types
- Duplicate IP scenarions and NAT routing
- Overview of VPN technology
- mGuard application scenarios and hands on
- Each student is required to have a Windows 7/8/10 laptop with admin rights, including the ability to turn off the Windows firewall and to download/install software
- Students are expected to have a functional working knowledge of Windows and computers, including: understanding navigation, locating files, folder structures, file paths, browser basics, cut/copy/paste, and using a mouse/keyboard (right/left click) in order to be successful in this class.